Policy on Disbursements
Financial Aid Awards
Once course attendance is confirmed each term, school funding is disbursed to your student’s account. The student may qualify for a financial aid disbursement check if the student’s aid is greater than the total tuition, fees, and bookstore charges for the term.
Students meet the criteria for the Bookstore Advance as much as $2,500 ahead of the start of term, if their school funding surpasses their costs for tuition and charges. The Bookstore Advance enables pupils to shop for publications and materials before the start of the term during the Campus Bookstore. The Bookstore Advance is determined by subtracting tuition and costs through the quantity of authorized help up to a maximum Bookstore Advance of signature loans edmond ok $2,500.
Students may buy one laptop computer with the Bookstore Advance throughout their time at Piedmont Tech.
When students’s school funding is used in their account, in the event that level of the pupil’s school funding surpasses tuition, charges, bookstore fees, along with other institutional costs on the pupil account, the pupil is eligible to a disbursement check. Pupils will have to prepare ahead for any other costs such as for instance rent, transportation and child care through to the financial aid always check disbursement dates.
Funds and Scholarships are compensated within one disbursement. Begin to see the times noted on the web site in the Student Handbook and Calendar as well as on the Student calendar.
- Provides funds for publications and materials ahead of the beginning of the term.
- Assists with budgeting and preparation for the whole term.
- Increases pupil success.
- Decreases the total amount of education loan defaults.
- Guarantees aid that is financial according to real enrollment.
- Suits federal educational funding accountability needs.
- Saves university resources to keep tuition low.
A disbursement advance is a cash loan against an anticipated educational funding reimbursement and it is intended to assist students meet their short term economic requirements. Disbursement advance needs can be obtained and then students receiving enough school funding to produce a credit stability after tuition and charges are paid. The utmost refund advance is $1,000 per semester, never to go beyond the credit stability.
To be able to request a disbursement advance you need to:
- Complete all school funding requirements while having a pending credit stability put on your bank account by thirty days ahead of the beginning of classes. Because of processing time, pupils will need to have all school funding requirements, including applications, submitted 45 days ahead of the beginning of classes.
- Fill out an application towards the Business Office 1 month ahead of the start of classes. Application are found in path.
- Join at minimum half time (6 credit hours) for the future semester by 1 month ahead of the beginning of classes.
- Be conference Satisfactory Academic Progress. Pupils that have an authorized appeal meet the criteria for a disbursement advance.